Do you have bags or dark circles under your eyes? Maybe you’ve been dealing with this problem for years but haven’t figured out how to get rid of bags under your eyes. Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
People from all walks of life struggle with dark circles under their eyes. As a matter of fact, nine out of ten people will have dark circles under their eyes at some point in their life!
The good news is that there are a variety of natural treatments that will get rid of those dark circles and help you regain your self-confidence. But before we look at the ways to eliminate those dark circles, let’s take a close look at what happened in the first place.
When people realize that they have dark circles under their eyes, usually their first reaction is “why do I have these bags under my eyes?” Some people even think that something is very wrong with their skin or that they’re sick. Actually the under eye bags you have are merely an indication that you have fluid collecting in the loose skin under your eyes which creates a shadow effect.
Below are some of the most common reasons people get dark circles under their eyes.
Overexposure to sunlight
Overuse (number one culprit: long-term pc monitor-reading)
Disease or illness (or organ damage)
1. If you want to learn how to get rid of bags under your eyes and look beautiful again, then the first thing you need to do is make sure you’re getting enough rest. Lack of sleep is often the number one reason why people notice dark circles under their eyes. Your goal should be to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night.
2. The next thing you should do is make sure you’re drinking enough water. Drinking plenty of water will not just help with the bags under your eyes, it will also help your entire body. Water is great for your skin because it flushes out many of the impurities and toxins that tend to build up and it will also help alleviate some of the dark shadows under your eyes. Try to drink at least eight glasses of water each day.
3. Another great way to help your skin look healthier is to exercise every day. You want to make sure you’re exercising enough so your heart is pumping and your breaking a sweat. Usually 20 to 30 min. should do the trick. Sweating will help clean out your pores and leave your skin looking softer. You’ll also find that you sleep much better at night. Both of these things are great for the problems you have under your eyes.
4. If allergies are causing those dark circles, then you need to treat them right away. Allergies are common cause of skin problems, especially under your eyes. Seasonal allergies like ragweed and hay fever can usually be treated with over-the-counter medications.
5. You should also take a look at your diet. Make sure you’re eating a healthy, well-balanced diet. Stay away from fried foods and fast foods because they’re horrible for your skin.
6. The puffiness underneath your eyes could also be from a vitamin deficiency. Many people that have puffiness underneath their eyes are deficient in vitamin K. If your problem is dark circles under your eye,s then you could have a vitamin B 12 deficiency.
7. A great, simple home remedy that can help reduce the puffiness underneath your eyes is to use cucumber slices. This home remedy dates back centuries, but some people swear by it.
Place a cucumber in your refrigerator for about a half an hour. Then take it out and cut two slices. Lay back in place the slices over your eyes and let them rest there for about 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Here’s another great home remedy for under eye bags that you probably never thought of. Grab a metal teaspoon and place it in your freezer for about a half an hour. Take it out and cover the bags under your eyes with the frozen spoon. Hold it there until the spoon begins to warm up.
9. If you like to drink tea, you can always use your teabags to help remove the dark circles under your eyes. Make yourself a cup of tea with a few teabags and it, and stick it in the refrigerator. When you wake up in the morning place to cool teabags on your eyes for about 10 to 15 min. Decaffeinated teabags will help reduce the discoloration and swelling under your eyes.